Boxton provides logistics management services for medium to large size companies, but with a modern twist. We manage a process that accepts shipping requests from customers, analyzes them, and then bids them out to potential shipping companies. Once a bid is accepted, we then manage the shipment tracking process through our site and provide consolidated invoicing. At the moment, we’ve built an MVP which uses simple web forms and an offline database to work through and manage the process, but we are looking to build this out into a proper web platform in the coming months.
Specifically, we need DBA expertise, web development and application development. We understand this may require more than one person, but at the moment we’re looking for a Senior Developer to lead the project.
- Proven experience as web/application design and development
- Ability to program in at least one programming language such as C#, Java (J2EE) etc.
- In-depth knowledge of programming for diverse operating systems and platforms using development tools
- Excellent understanding of software design and programming principles.
- Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
- Hands-on experience with network diagnostics, network analytics tools
More important than any of the above, we need:
- Someone who is going to fit into a VERY new startup environment (we’re less than 2 months old). What this means is long hours, late/early meetings, weekend work, etc.
- Flexibility and patience on timing – we will be looking to staff this role in the next 60-90 days but will depend on the candidate and business goals
- We are open to all options temp to hire, direct hire, contract work, etc., but please be very upfront about what you are seeking
Please submit your information via the form below. Alternatively you can submit an email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org, however be sure to answer all of the questions we have asked below or else you will not be considered. Thank you!